Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh To Make the Children Laugh

Gearing up. Weeks away from Separated at Birth's premiere. The process so far has been both excruciating and amazing. I was digging around online today and found this great quote from one of the father of clowning, Coco: “I tried to think of all the things I could do to make the children laugh” (Poliakoff 1941: 56)

Good advice as I continue on this journey of creating my clown for the show. I'd like to do some more in depth character development in the traditional Stanislavsky sense, but I'd also like to just think this through -all the things I can do to make the children laugh...my clown, yet to be named, commonly referred to as Intern/Young Professional lives somewhere in reality and the wild world of fantasy where the only objective in the world is to make children laugh.

What fun.

By the way, here's a link to the website for the dog and pony theater company that is putting on the show. Don't miss your connection!

No comments: