Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wakame


So I cooked a self healing dinner last night. Fresh miso soup with unpasteurized miso, carrots, seaweed (!), kale and onions. Chard with olive oil and sesame seeds and millet.
Millet.
Tastes like grits without the scrapple.
=)
Oh and baked, dill, sea salt, olive oil basted sweet potatoes.
The whole thing took me a little under an hour.
In my new kitchen I might add.
Which is twice as small as my old one.
Sigh.
But it's mine.
The seaweed was of the wakame version.

It was so hard at first so I had to soak it in water (per Self Healing Cookbook's recommendation.) It softened rigth up and I was able to cut it.
Anyway the meal was good!
And it felt so good to eat it.
As soon as we finished eating I ran to the bathroom....
I'll spare you the details but I think it was a truly cleansing experience.
We were both stuffed. Dan was impressed.
And I've got leftovers.
Oh and the carpet is being installed in our condo today!
That's huge!!!

By the way, searching for a picture of Wakame online I found this recipe. I want to try it tomorrow:

Simple Wakame Salad

1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 avocado
Bragg's to taste
3 cups greens (sunflower, buckwheat, spinach, lettuce, etc)
1 cup soaked wakame seaweek
optional: tomatoes, walnuts, pecans, almonds or pine nuts

Grate the ginger and garlic. In a small bow, mash the avocado, ginger, garlic and Bragg's together. Break greens and wakame up into bite size pieces. Toss all ingredients together thoroughly.

Thank you Living Foods for the recipe
http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/wakamesalad.html

No comments: